The LOGINV function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the inverse of the lognormal cumulative distribution function of the given x value with the specified parameters.
The LOGINV function syntax is:
LOGINV(x, mean, standard-deviation)
x is the probability associated with the lognormal distribution, a numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
mean is the mean of ln(x), a numeric value.
standard-deviation is the standard deviation of ln(x), a numeric value greater than 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the LOGINV function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the LOGINV function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page