The CRITBINOM function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the smallest value for which the cumulative binomial distribution is greater than or equal to the specified alpha value.
The CRITBINOM function syntax is:
CRITBINOM(number-trials, success-probability, alpha)
number-trials is the number of trials, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0.
success-probability is the success probability of each trial, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0 but less than or equal to 1.
alpha is the criterion, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0 but less than or equal to 1.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the CRITBINOM function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the CRITBINOM function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page