Search and Replace Function
To search for the needed characters, words or phrases used in the currently edited document,
click the icon situated at the left sidebar.
The Find and Replace window will open:
- Type in your inquiry into the corresponding data entry field.
- Specify search parameters by clicking the icon and checking the necessary options:
- Case sensitive - is used to find only the occurrences typed in the same case as your inquiry (e.g. if your inquiry is 'Editor' and this option is selected, such words as 'editor' or 'EDITOR' etc. will not be found). To disable this option click it once again.
- Highlight results - is used to highlight all found occurrences at once. To disable this option and remove the highlight click the option once again.
- Click one of the arrow buttons at the bottom right corner of the window.
The search will be performed either towards the beginning of the document (if you click the button) or towards the end of the document (if you click the button) from the current position.
Note: when the Highlight results option is enabled, use these buttons to navigate through the highlighted results.
The first occurrence of the required characters in the selected direction will be highlighted on the page. If it is not the word you are looking for, click the selected button again to find the next occurrence of the characters you entered.
To replace one or more occurrences of the found characters click the Replace link below the data entry field. The Find and Replace window will change:
- Type in the replacement text into the bottom data entry field.
- Click the Replace button to replace the currently selected occurrence or the Replace All button to replace all the found occurrences.
To hide the replace field, click the Hide Replace link.
Return to previous page