Advanced Settings of Document Editor
Document Editor lets you change its advanced settings. To access them, open the File tab at the top toolbar and select the Advanced Settings... option. You can also use the icon in the right upper corner at the Home tab of the top toolbar.
The advanced settings are:
- Commenting Display is used to turn on/off the live commenting option:
- Turn on display of the comments - if you disable this feature, the commented passages will be highlighted only if you click the Comments icon at the left sidebar.
- Turn on display of the resolved comments - if you disable this feature, the resolved comments will be hidden in the document text. You'll be able to view such comments only if you click the Comments icon at the left sidebar.
- Spell Checking is used to turn on/off the spell checking option.
- Alternate Input is used to turn on/off hieroglyphs.
- Alignment Guides is used to turn on/off alignment guides that appear when you move objects and allow you to position them on the page precisely.
- Autosave is used to turn on/off automatic saving of changes you make while editing.
- Co-editing Mode is used to select the display of the changes made during the co-editing:
- By default the Fast mode is selected, the users who take part in the document co-editing will see the changes in realtime once they are made by other users.
- If you prefer not to see other user changes (so that they do not disturb you, or for some other reason), select the Strict mode and all the changes will be shown only after you click the Save icon notifying you that there are changes from other users.
Realtime Collaboration Changes is used to specify what changes you want to be highlighted during co-editing:
- Selecting the View None option, changes made during the current session will not be highlighted.
- Selecting the View All option, all the changes made during the current session will be highlighted.
- Selecting the View Last option, only the changes made since you last time clicked the Save icon will be highlighted. This option is only available when the Strict co-editing mode is selected.
- Default Zoom Value is used to set the default zoom value selecting it in the list of available options from 50% to 200%. You can also choose the Fit to Page or Fit to Width option.
Font Hinting is used to select the type a font is displayed in Document Editor:
- Choose As Windows if you like the way fonts are usually displayed on Windows, i.e. using Windows font hinting.
- Choose As OS X if you like the way fonts are usually displayed on a Mac, i.e. without any font hinting at all.
- Choose Native if you want your text to be displayed with the hinting embedded into font files.
- Unit of Measurement is used to specify what units are used on the rulers and in properties windows for measuring elements parameters such as width, height, spacing, margins etc. You can select the Centimeter, Point, or Inch option.
To save the changes you made, click the Apply button.
Return to previous page