The CONFIDENCE.NORM function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the confidence interval for a population mean, using a normal distribution.
The CONFIDENCE.NORM function syntax is:
CONFIDENCE.NORM(alpha, standard-dev, size)
alpha is the significance level used to compute the confidence level, a numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
standard-dev is the population standard deviation, a numeric value greater than 0.
size is the sample size, a numeric value greater than or equal to 1.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the CONFIDENCE.NORM function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the CONFIDENCE.NORM function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page