The COVAR function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the covariance of two ranges of data.
The COVAR function syntax is:
where array-1(2) is the selected range of cells with the same number of elements.
Note: if array-1(2) contains text, logical values, or empty cells, the function will ignore those values, but treat the cells with the zero values.
To apply the COVAR function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the COVAR function,
- enter the required arguments manually or select them with the mouse separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page