The STEYX function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the standard error of the predicted y-value for each x in the regression line.
The STEYX function syntax is:
known-ys is an array of the dependent variables.
known-xs is an array of the independent variables.
The data values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to. Empty cells, logical values, text, or error values supplied as part of an array are ignored. If they are supplied directly to the function, text representations of numbers and logical values are interpreted as numbers.
Note: the known-ys and known-xs must contain the same number of data values otherwise the function will return the #N/A error value.
To apply the STEYX function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the STEYX function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas or select a range of cells with the mouse,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page