The BINOM.INV function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the smallest value for which the cumulative binomial distribution is greater than or equal to a criterion value.
The BINOM.INV function syntax is:
BINOM.INV(trials, probability-s, alpha)
trials is the number of trials, a numeric value greater than 0.
probability-s is the success probability of each trial, a numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
alpha is the criterion, a numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the BINOM.INV function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the BINOM.INV function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page