To add a hyperlink,
- place the cursor to a position within the text box where a hyperlink will be added,
- switch to the Insert tab of the top toolbar,
- click the Hyperlink icon at the top toolbar,
- after that the Hyperlink Settings will appear where you can specify the hyperlink parameters:
- Link Type select a link type you wish to insert from the drop-down list:
- Use the External Link option and enter a URL in the format http://www.example.com in the Link to field below if you need to add a hyperlink leading to an external website.
- Use the Slide In This Presentation option and select one of the options below if you need to add a hyperlink leading to a certain slide in the same presentation. You can check one of the following radiobuttons: Next Slide, Previous Slide, First Slide, Last Slide, Slide with the specified number.
- Display - enter a text that will get clickable and lead to the web address/slide specified in the upper field.
- ScreenTip text - enter a text that will become visible in a small pop-up window that provides a brief note or label pertaining to the hyperlink being pointed to.
- Click the OK button.
To add a hyperlink, you can also click with the right mouse button at a position where a hyperlink will be added and select the Hyperlink option in the right-click menu or press the Ctrl+K key combination.
Note: it's also possible to select a caracter, word or word combination with the mouse or using the keyboard and
click the Hyperlink icon at the Insert tab of the top toolbar or right-click the selection and choose the Hyperlink option in the menu.
After that the window displayed above will open with the Display field filled with the text fragment you selected.
By hovering the cursor over the added hyperlink, the ScreenTip will appear containing the text you specified.
You can follow the link by pressing the CTRL key and clicking the link in your presentation.
To edit or delete the added hyperlink, click it with the right mouse button, select the Hyperlink option in the right-click menu and then the action you want to perform - Edit Hyperlink or Remove Hyperlink.
Return to previous page