The SLOPE function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the slope of the linear regression line through data in two arrays.
The SLOPE function syntax is:
SLOPE(array-1 , array-2)
where array-1 and array-2 are the selected ranges of cells with the same number of elements.
Note: if array-1(2) contains text, logical values, or empty cells, the function will ignore those values, but treat the cells with the zero values.
To apply the SLOPE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the SLOPE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page