The CHISQ.DIST function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the chi-squared distribution.
The CHISQ.DIST function syntax is:
CHISQ.DIST(x, deg-freedom, cumulative)
x is the value at which you want to evaluate the chi-squared distribution. A numeric value greater than or equal to 0.
deg-freedom is the number of degrees of freedom. A numeric value greater than or equal to 1 but less than or equal to 10^10.
cumulative is a logical value (TRUE or FALSE) that determines the function form. If it is TRUE, the function returns the cumulative distribution function. If it is FALSE, the function returns the probability density function.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the CHISQ.DIST function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the CHISQ.DIST function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page