Set slide parameters
To customize your presentation, you can select a theme, color scheme and slide size for the whole presentation, as well as change the background fill or slide layout for each separate slide. You can also apply transitions between the slides.
Return to previous page
- Themes allow you to quickly change the presentation design, notably the slides background appearance, predefined fonts for titles and texts and the color scheme that is used for the presentation elements.
To select a theme for the presentation, click on the necessary predefined theme from the themes gallery in the right part of the top toolbar. The selected theme will be applied to all the slides if you have not previously selected certain slides to apply the theme to.
- Color Schemes affect the predefined colors used for the presentation elements (fonts, lines, fills etc.) and allow you to maintain color consistency throughout the entire presentation.
To change a color scheme, click the Change Color Scheme icon at the top toolbar and select the necessary scheme from the drop-down list. The selected scheme will be applied to all the slides.
- To change a slide size for all the slides in the presentation, click the Select Slide Size icon at the top toolbar and select the necessary option from the drop-down list. You can select:
- one of the two quick-access presets - Standard (4:3) or Widescreen (16:9),
- the Advanced Settings option that opens the Slide Size Settings window where you can select one of the available presets or set a Custom size specifying the desired Width and Height values.
The available presets are: Standard (4:3), Widescreen (16:9), Widescreen (16:10), Letter Paper (8.5x11 in), Ledger Paper (11x17 in), A3 Paper (297x420 mm), A4 Paper (210x297 mm), B4 (ICO) Paper (250x353 mm), B5 (ICO) Paper (176x250 mm), 35 mm Slides, Overhead, Banner.
- To change a background fill:
- in the slide list on the left, select the slides you want to apply the fill to. Or click at any blank space within the currently edited slide in the slide editing area to change the fill type for this separate slide.
- at the Slide Settings tab of the right sidebar, select the necessary option:
- Color Fill - select this option to specify the solid color you want to apply to the selected slides.
- Gradient Fill - select this option to fill the slide with two colors which smoothly change from one to another.
- Picture or Texture - select this option to use an image or a predefined texture as the slide background.
- Pattern - select this option to fill the slide with a two-colored design composed of regularly repeated elements.
- No Fill - select this option if you don't want to use any fill.
For more detailed information on these options please refer to the Fill objects and select colors section.
- Transitions help make your presentation more dynamic and keep your audience's attention. To apply a transition:
- in the slide list on the left, select the slides you want to apply a transition to,
- choose a transition in the Effect drop-down list on the Slide Settings tab,
- adjust the transition properties: choose a transition variation, duration and the way to advance slides,
- click the Apply to All Slides button if you want to apply the same transition to all slides in the presentation.
For more detailed information on these options please refer to the Apply transitions section.
- To change a slide layout:
- in the slide list on the left, select the slides you want to apply a new layout to,
- click the Change Slide Layout icon at the top toolbar,
- select the necessary layout from the menu.
Alternatively, you can right-click the necessary slide in the list on the left, select the Change Layout option from the contextual menu and choose the necessary layout.
Note: currently, the following layouts are available: Title, Title and Object, Section Header, Two Objects, Two Texts and Two Objects, Title Only, Blank, Title, Object and Caption, Picture and Caption, Vertical Text, Vertical Title and Text.