Introducing the Document Editor user interface
Document Editor uses a tabbed interface where editing commands are grouped into tabs by functionality.
The editor interface consists of the following main elements:
- Editor header displays the logo, menu tabs, document name as well as two icons on the right that allow to set access rights and return to the Documents list.
- Top toolbar displays a set of editing commands depending on the selected menu tab. Currently, the following tabs are available: File, Home, Insert, Layout, Review, Plugins.
The Print, Save, Copy, Paste, Undo and Redo options are always available at the left part of the Top toolbar regardless of the selected tab.
- Status bar at the bottom of the editor window contains the page number indicator, displays some notifications (such as "All changes saved" etc.), allows to set text language, enable spell checking, turn on the track changes mode, adjust zoom.
- Left sidebar contains icons that allow to use the Search and Replace tool, open the Comments and Chat panel, contact our support team and view the information about the program.
- Right sidebar allows to adjust additional parameters of different objects. When you select a particular object in the text, the corresponding icon is activated at the right sidebar. Click this icon to expand the right sidebar.
- Horizontal and vertical Rulers allow to align text and other elements in a document, set up margins, tab stops, and paragraph indents.
- Working area allows to view document content, enter and edit data.
- Scroll bar on the right allows to scroll up and down multi-page documents.
For your convenience you can hide some components and display them again when it is necessary. To learn more on how to adjust view settings please refer to this page.
Return to previous page