The SUMPRODUCT function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to multiply the values in the selected ranges of cells or arrays and return the sum of the products.
The SUMPRODUCT function syntax is:
where argument-lists are numeric values included into the cell you make reference to. You can enter up to 30 ranges of cells or arrays.
Note: if the argument-list contains non-numeric values, the function will treat them as 0.
To apply the SUMPRODUCT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the SUMPRODUCT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page