The MDETERM function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the matrix determinant of an array.
The MDETERM function syntax is:
where array is an array of numbers.
Note: If any of the cells in the array contain empty or non-numeric values, the function will return the #N/A error.
If the number of rows in the array is not the same as the number of columns, the function will return the #VALUE! error.
To apply the MDETERM function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the MDETERM function,
- select the range of cells with the mouse or enter the required argument manually, like this A1:B2,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page