The RANDBETWEEN function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. The function returns a random number greater than or equal to lower-bound and less than or equal to upper-bound.
The RANDBETWEEN function syntax is:
lower-bound is the smallest integer value.
upper-bound is the largest integer value.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
Note: if lower-bound is a greater than upper-bound, the function will return #NUM! error.
To apply the RANDBETWEEN function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the RANDBETWEEN function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page