The SERIESSUM function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the sum of a power series.
The SERIESSUM function syntax is:
SERIESSUM(input-value, intial-power, step, coefficients)
input-value is the input value to the power series.
intial-power is the initial power to which you want to raise input-value.
step is the step by which you want to increase intial-power for each term in the series.
coefficients are coefficients by which each successive power of input-value is multiplied. The number of coefficients determines the number of terms in the power series.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the SERIESSUM function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the SERIESSUM function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page