The COMBIN function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the number of combinations for a specified number of items.
The COMBIN function syntax is:
number is a number of items, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0.
number-chosen is a number of items in a combination, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0 but less than number.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the COMBIN function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the COMBIN function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page