The POWER function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the result of a number raised to the desired power.
The POWER function syntax is:
x is a number you wish to raise.
y is a power you wish to raise the number to.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the POWER function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the POWER function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page