The DECIMAL function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to convert a text representation of a number in a given base into a decimal number.
The DECIMAL function syntax is:
text is the text representation of the number you want to convert. The string lenght must be less than or equal to 255 characters.
base is the base of the number. An integer greater than or equal to 2 and less than or equal to 36.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the DECIMAL function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the DECIMAL function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page