The WEEKDAY function is one of the date and time functions. It is used to determine which day of the week the specified date is.
The WEEKDAY function syntax is:
serial-value is a number representing the date of the day you are trying to find, entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
weekday-start-flag is a numeric value used to determine the type of the value to be returned. It can be one of the following:
|1 or omitted
||Returns a number from 1 (Sunday) to 7 (Saturday)
||Returns a number from 1 (Monday) to 7 (Sunday).
||Returns a number from 0 (Monday) to 6 (Sunday).
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the WEEKDAY function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page