The NETWORKDAYS function is one of the date and time functions. It is used to return the number of the work days between two dates (start date and end-date) excluding weekends and dates considered as holidays.
The NETWORKDAYS function syntax is:
NETWORKDAYS(start-date, end-date [,holidays])
start-date is the first date of the period, entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
end-date is the last date of the period, entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
holidays is an optional argument that specifies which dates besides weekends are nonworking. You can enter them using the Date function or other date and time function or specify a reference to a range of cells containing dates.
To apply the NETWORKDAYS function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the NETWORKDAYS function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page