The EOMONTH function is one of the date and time functions. Is used to return the serial number of the last day of the month that comes the indicated number of months before or after the specified start date.
The EOMONTH function syntax is:
start-date is a number representing the first date of the period entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
month-offset is a number of months before or after start-day. If the month-offset has the negative sign, the function will return the serial number of the date which comes before the specified start-date. If the month-offset has the positive sign, the function will return the serial number of the date which follows after the specified start-date.
To apply the EOMONTH function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the EOMONTH function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page