The MINUTE function is one of the date and time functions. It returns the minute (a number from 0 to 59) of the time value.
The MINUTE function syntax is:
MINUTE( time-value )
where time-value is a value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
Note: the time-value may be expressed as a string value (e.g. "13:39"), a decimal number (e.g. 0.56 corresponds to 13:26) , or the result of a formula (e.g. the result of the NOW function in the default format - 9/26/12 13:39)
To apply the MINUTE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the MINUTE function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page