The CONCATENATE function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to combine the data from two or more cells into a single one.
The CONCATENATE function syntax is:
CONCATENATE(text1, text2, ...)
where text1(2) is up to 265 data values entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the CONCATENATE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the CONCATENATE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
There are three arguments: text1 = A1 (John), text2 = " " (space), text3 = B1 (Adams). So the function will combine the first name, the space and the last name into one cell and return the result John Adams.
Return to previous page