The MID/MIDB function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to extract the characters from the specified string starting from any position. The MID function is intended for languages that use the single-byte character set (SBCS), while MIDB - for languages that use the double-byte character set (DBCS) like Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc.
The MID/MIDB function syntax is:
MID(string, start-pos, number-chars)
MIDB(string, start-pos, number-chars)
string is a string you need to extract the characters from.
start-pos is a position you need to start extracting from.
number-chars is a number of the characters you need to extract.
The data can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the MID/MIDB function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the MID/MIDB function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page