The FIXED function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to return the text representation of a number rounded to a specified number of decimal places.
The FIXED function syntax is:
FIXED(number [,[num-decimal] [,suppress-commas-flag])
number is a number to round.
num-decimal is a number of decimal places to display. It is an optional argument, if it's omitted, the function will assume it to be 2.
suppress-commas-flag is a logical value. If it is set to TRUE, the function will return the result without commas. If it is FALSE or omitted, the result will be displayed with commas.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the FIXED function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the FIXED function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page