The VALUE function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to convert a text value that represents a number to a number. If the converted text is not a number, the function will return a #VALUE! error.
The VALUE function syntax is:
where string is text data that represents a number entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the VALUE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the VALUE function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page