The LOGNORM.INV function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the inverse of the lognormal cumulative distribution function of x, where ln(x) is normally distributed with parameters mean and standard-dev.
The LOGNORM.INV function syntax is:
LOGNORM.INV(probability, mean, standard-dev)
probability is the probability associated with the lognormal distribution. A numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
mean is the mean of ln(x), a numeric value.
standard-dev is the standard deviation of ln(x), a numeric value greater than 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the LOGNORM.INV function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the LOGNORM.INV function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page