The NEGBINOMDIST function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the negative binomial distribution.
The NEGBINOMDIST function syntax is:
NEGBINOMDIST(number-failures, number-successes, success-probability)
number-failures is the number of failures, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0.
number-successes is the the threshold number of successes, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0.
success-probability is the success propability of each trial, a numeric value greater than 0, but less than 1.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the NEGBINOMDIST function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the NEGBINOMDIST function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page