The T.DIST.2T function is one of the statistical functions. Returns the two-tailed Student's t-distribution. The Student's t-distribution is used in the hypothesis testing of small sample data sets. Use this function in place of a table of critical values for the t-distribution.
The T.DIST.2T function syntax is:
x is the value at which the function should be calculated. A numeric value greater than 0.
deg-freedom is the number of degrees of freedom, an integer greater than or equal to 1.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the T.DIST.2T function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the T.DIST.2T function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page