The QUARTILE function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to analyze the range of data and return the quartile.
The QUARTILE function syntax is:
QUARTILE(array , result-category)
array is the selected range of cells you want to analyse,
result-category is the quartile value that you wish to return, a numeric value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to. The quartile value can be one of the following:
||Smallest value in the range of data
||First quartile (25th percentile)
||Second quartile (50th percentile)
||Third quartile (75th percentile)
||Largest value in the data set
To apply the QUARTILE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the QUARTILE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page