The F.DIST.RT function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the (right-tailed) F probability distribution (degree of diversity) for two data sets. You can use this function to determine whether two data sets have different degrees of diversity.
The F.DIST.RT function syntax is:
F.DIST.RT(x, deg-freedom1, deg-freedom2)
x is the value at which the function should be calculated. A numeric value greater than 0.
deg-freedom1 is the numerator degrees of freedom, a numeric value greater than 1.
deg-freedom2 is denominator degrees of freedom, a numeric value greater than 1.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the F.DIST.RT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the F.DIST.RT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page