The AVERAGEIF function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to analyze the range of data and find the average value of all numbers in a range of cells, based on the specified criterion.
The AVERAGEIF function syntax is:
AVERAGEIF(cell-range, selection-criteria [,average-range])
cell-range is the selected range of cells to apply the criterion to.
selection-criteria is the criterion you wish to apply, a value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
average-range is the selected range of cells you need to find the average in.
Note: average-range is an optional argument. If it is omitted, the function will find the average in cell-range.
To apply the AVERAGEIF function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the AVERAGEIF function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page