The FREQUENCY function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to сalculate how often values occur within the selected range of cells and display the first value of the returned vertical array of numbers.
The FREQUENCY function syntax is:
data-array is the selected range of cells you want to count the frequencies for,
bins-array is the selected range of cells containing intervals into which you want to group the values in data-array.
To apply the FREQUENCY function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the FREQUENCY function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page