The STANDARDIZE function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return a normalized value from a distribution characterized by the specified parameters.
The STANDARDIZE function syntax is:
STANDARDIZE(x, mean, standard-deviation)
x is the value you want to normalize.
mean is the arithmetic mean of the distribution.
standard-deviation is the standard deviation of the distribution, greater than 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the STANDARDIZE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the STANDARDIZE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page