The GAMMAINV function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the inverse of the gamma cumulative distribution.
The GAMMAINV function syntax is:
GAMMAINV(probability, alpha, beta)
probability is the probability associated with the gamma distribution. A numeric value greater than 0 but less than 1.
alpha is the first parameter of the distribution, a numeric value greater than 0.
beta is the second parameter of the distribution, a numeric value greater than 0. If beta is 1, the function returns the standard gamma distribution.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the GAMMAINV function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the GAMMAINV function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page