Insert and format autoshapes
Insert an autoshape
To add an autoshape to your spreadsheet,
- click the Insert Autoshape icon at the top toolbar,
- select one of the available autoshape groups: basic shapes, figured arrows, math, charts, stars & ribbons, callouts, buttons, rectangles, lines,
- click the necessary autoshape within the selected group,
- place the mouse cursor where you want the shape to be put,
- once the autoshape is added you can change its size and position as well as its settings.
Adjust the autoshape settings
Some of the autoshape settings can be altered using the Shape Settings tab of the right sidebar that opens if you select the inserted autoshape with the mouse and click the Shape Settings icon. Here you can change the following settings:
- Fill - use this section to select the autoshape fill. You can choose the following options:
- Opacity - use this section to set an Opacity level dragging the slider or entering the percent value manually. The default value is 100%. It corresponds to the full opacity. The 0% value corresponds to the full transparency.
- Stroke - use this section to change the autoshape stroke width, color or type.
- To change the stroke width, select one of the available options from the Size dropdown list. The available options are: 0.5 pt, 1 pt, 1.5 pt, 2.25 pt, 3 pt, 4.5 pt, 6 pt. Alternatively, select the No Line option if you don't want to use any stroke.
- To change the stroke color, click on the colored box below and select the necessary color.
- To change the stroke type, select the necessary option from the corresponding dropdown list (a solid line is applied by default, you can change it to one of the available dashed lines).
- Change Autoshape - use this section to replace the current autoshape with another one selected from the dropdown list.
To change the advanced settings of the autoshape, use the Show advanced settings link at the right sidebar. The 'Shape - Advanced Settings' window will open:
The Size tab contains the following parameters:
- Width and Height - use these options to change the autoshape width and/or height. If the Constant Proportions button is clicked (in this case it looks like this ), the width and height will be changed together preserving the original shape aspect ratio.
The Weights&Arrows tab contains the following parameters:
- Line Style - this option group allows to specify the following parameters:
- Arrows - this option group is available if a shape from the Lines shape group is selected. It allows to set the arrow Start and End Style and Size by selecting the appropriate option from the dropdown lists.
The Text Padding tab allows to change the autoshape Top, Bottom, Left and Right internal margins (i.e. the distance between the text within the shape and the autoshape borders).
Note: this tab is only available if text is added within the autoshape, otherwise the tab is disabled.
Insert and format text within the autoshape
To insert a text into the autoshape select the shape with the mouse and start typing your text. The text you add in this way becomes a part of the autoshape (when you move or rotate the shape, the text moves or rotates with it).
All the formatting options you can apply to the text within the autoshape are listed here.
Return to previous page