The FORECAST function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to predict a future value based on existing values provided.
The FORECAST function syntax is:
FORECAST(x, array-1, array-2)
x is a x-value used to predict the y-value, a numeric value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
array-1(2) is the selected range of cells with the same number of elements.
To apply the FORECAST function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the FORECAST function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page