The PERCENTRANK function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the rank of a value in a set of values as a percentage of the set.
The PERCENTRANK function syntax is:
PERCENTRANK(array, x[, significance])
array is the selected range of cells containing the numeric values.
x is the value you want to find the rank for, a numeric value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
significance is the number of significant digits to return the rank for. It is an optional argument. If it is omitted, the function will assume significance to be 3.
To apply the PERCENTRANK function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the PERCENTRANK function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page