The AVERAGEA function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to analyze the range of data including text and logical values and find the average value. The AVERAGEA function treats text and FALSE as a value of 0 and TRUE as a value of 1.
The AVERAGEA function syntax is:
where argumenti-list is up to 30 values entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the AVERAGEA function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the AVERAGEA function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas or select a range of cells with the mouse,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page