The COUNTBLANK function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to analyze the range of cells and return the number of the empty cells.
The COUNTBLANK function syntax is:
where argument-list is a range of cells you wish to count.
To apply the COUNTBLANK function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the COUNTBLANK function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas or select a range of cells with the mouse,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page