Insert section breaks
Section breaks allow you to apply a different layout or formatting for the certain parts of your document. For example, you can use individual headers and footers, page numbering, margins, size, orientation, or column number for each separate section.
Note: an inserted section break defines formatting of the preceding part of the document.
To insert a section break at the current cursor position:
- click the Insert Page or Section break icon at the top toolbar
- select the Insert Section Break submenu
- select the necessary section break type:
- Next Page - to start a new section from the next page
- Continuous Page - to start a new section at the current page
- Even Page - to start a new section from the next even page
- Odd Page - to start a new section from the next odd page
Added section breaks are indicated in your document by a double dotted line:
If you do not see the inserted section breaks, click the icon at the top toolbar to display them.
To remove a section break select it with the mouse and press the Delete key. Since a section break defines formatting of the preceding section, when you remove a section break, this section formatting will also be deleted. The document part that preceded the removed section break acquires the formatting of the part that followed it.
Return to previous page