The PERMUT function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the number of permutations for a specified number of items.
The PERMUT function syntax is:
number is a number of items.
number-chosen is a number of items in one permutation.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the PERMUT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the PERMUT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page