Copy/paste text passages, undo/redo your actions
Use basic clipboard operations
To cut, copy and paste text passages and inserted objects (autoshapes, images, charts) within the current document use the corresponding options from the right-click menu or icons available at any tab of the top toolbar:
- Cut – select a text fragment or an object and use the Cut option from the right-click menu to delete the selection and send it to the computer clipboard memory. The cut data can be later inserted to another place in the same document.
- Copy – select a text fragment or an object and use the Copy option from the right-click menu, or the Copy icon at the top toolbar to copy the selection to the computer clipboard memory. The copied data can be later inserted to another place in the same document.
- Paste – find the place in your document where you need to paste the previously copied text fragment/object and use the Paste option from the right-click menu, or the Paste icon at the top toolbar.
The text/object will be inserted at the current cursor position. The data can be previously copied from the same document.
To copy or paste data from/into another document or some other program use the following key combinations:
- Ctrl+X key combination for cutting;
- Ctrl+C key combination for copying;
- Ctrl+V key combination for pasting.
Note: instead of cutting and pasting text within the same document you can just select the necessary text passage and drag and drop it to the necessary position.
Use the Paste Special feature
Once the copied text is pasted, the Paste Special button appears next to the inserted text passage. Click this button to select the necessary paste option.
When pasting the paragraph text or some text within autoshapes, the following options are available:
- Paste - allows to paste the copied text keeping its original formatting.
- Keep text only - allows to paste the text without its original formatting.
Undo/redo your actions
To perform the undo/redo operations, use the corresponding icons available at any tab of the top toolbar or keyboard shortcuts:
Return to previous page
- Undo – use the Undo icon at the top toolbar or the Ctrl+Z key combination to undo the last operation you performed.
- Redo – use the Redo icon at the top toolbar or the Ctrl+Y key combination to redo the last undone operation.