Copy/paste text passages, undo/redo your actions
To cut, copy and paste text passages and inserted objects (autoshapes, images, charts) within the current document use the corresponding options from the right-click menu or icons at the top toolbar:
- Cut – select a text fragment or an object and use the Cut option from the right-click menu to delete the selection and send it to the computer clipboard memory. The cut data can be later inserted to another place in the same document.
- Copy – select a text fragment or an object and use the Copy option from the right-click menu, or the Copy icon at the top toolbar to copy the selection to the computer clipboard memory. The copied data can be later inserted to another place in the same document.
- Paste – find the place in your document where you need to paste the previously copied text fragment/object and use the Paste option from the right-click menu, or the Paste icon at the top toolbar.
The text/object will be inserted at the current cursor position. The data can be previously copied from the same document.
To copy or paste data from/into another document or some other program use the following key combinations:
- Ctrl+X key combination for cutting;
- Ctrl+C key combination for copying;
- Ctrl+V key combination for pasting.
Note: instead of cutting and pasting text within the same document you can just select the necessary text passage and drag and drop it to the necessary position.
To perform the undo/redo operations, use the corresponding icons at the top toolbar or keyboard shortcuts:
Return to previous page
- Undo – use the Undo icon at the top toolbar or the Ctrl+Z key combination to undo the last operation you performed.
- Redo – use the Redo icon at the top toolbar or the Ctrl+Y key combination to redo the last undone operation.