The EXPON.DIST function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the exponential distribution.
The EXPON.DIST function syntax is:
EXPON.DIST(x, lambda, cumulative)
x is the value of the function, a numeric value greater than or equal to 0,
lambda is the parameter of the value, a numeric value greater than 0,
cumulative is a logical value (TRUE or FALSE) that determines the function form. If cumulative is TRUE, the function will return the cumulative distribution function, if FALSE, it will return the probability density function.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the EXPON.DIST function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the EXPON.DIST function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page