Change paragraph indents
In Document Editor, you can change the first line offset from the left part of the page as well as the paragraph offset from the left and right sides of the page.
To do that,
- put the cursor within the paragraph you need, or select several paragraphs with the mouse or all the text in the document by pressing the Ctrl+A key combination,
- click the right mouse button and select the Paragraph Advanced Settings option from the menu or use the Show advanced settings link at the right sidebar,
- in the opened Paragraph - Advanced Settings window, set the needed indent for the first line and paragraph offset from the left and right sides of the page,
- click the OK button.
To quickly change the paragraph offset from the left side of the page, you can also use the respective icons at the top toolbar: Decrease Indent and Increase Indent .
You can also use the horizontal ruler to set indents.
Select the necessary paragraph(s) and drag the indent markers along the ruler.
Return to previous page
- First Line Indent marker is used to set the offset from the left side of the page for the first line of the paragraph.
- Hanging Indent marker is used to set the offset from the left side of the page for the second and all the subsequent lines of the paragraph.
- Right Indent marker is used to set the paragraph offset from the right side of the page.