The COUNT function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to count the number of the selected cells which contain numbers ignoring empty cells or those contaning text.
The COUNT function syntax is:
where argument-list is a range of cells you wish to count.
To apply the COUNT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the COUNT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas or select a range of cells with the mouse,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page