The GAMMA function is one of the statistical functions. It is used to return the gamma function value.
The GAMMA function syntax is:
where number is a numeric value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
Note: if the number is a negative integer or 0 the function returns the #NUM! error value.
To apply the GAMMA function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Statistical function group from the list,
- click the GAMMA function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page