The TBILLYIELD function is one of the financial functions. It is used to calculate the yield of a Treasury bill.
The TBILLYIELD function syntax is:
TBILLYIELD(settlement, maturity, pr)
settlement is the date when the Treasury bill is purchased.
maturity is the date when the Treasury bill expires. This date must be within one year of the settlement date.
pr is the purchase price of the Treasury bill, per $100 par value.
Note: dates must be entered by using the DATE function.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the TBILLYIELD function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Financial function group from the list,
- click the TBILLYIELD function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page